Thursday, December 27, 2001

Blogger troubles. I'll never understand why people feel compelled to be such idiots.

Current reading: Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg (Santa Claus was good to me this year), The Essential Ellison by Harlan Ellison
Current listening: A Day Without Rain by Enya, Live by Request by k. d. lang, Lord of the Rings audiobook by Brian Sibley - good way to spend those long commutes
Current writing: only writing practice for the past couple of days

VPN finally working. Copying data from one of the remote offices today. Takes practically forever to copy a couple gigs of data over a T-1, so should have some writing time this afternoon. Go live Monday, probably. Getting an ulcer. One more office after this one, start next week. Are we having fun yet?

Should have heat this evening (God and FedEx and Earl's Heating and Air willing). Don't even want to think about how much this is going to cost. Remember to get Maalox on the way home. Wheeee.

Got to start gathering story ideas for the Dare. Might be able to pull some out of my practice notebook, if I can get up the courage to go back and read some of it. The Editor says it's all crap, and might be right. This writing business is scary, sometimes. I'm never sure if I'm going to have the courage for the next step. Just close your eyes and take it, I guess. I've survived so far and, as somebody said: "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." So how come I ain't Hercules?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home