Sunday, December 23, 2001

Haven't blogged for a while. Work has been insane, and now Christmas is hovering over me like a giant, shrieking harpy. Things got to get better soon. I'm too old for this.

Finished Writing Down the Bones. Absolutely required reading for creative writers. No question. Also read Self-editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King (Harper Perennial, 1993). Good solid advice on the mechanics of dialogue (external and internal), pacing, characterization, beats, proportion, etc. This looks like one that I'll come back to often. If I can't be writing, I guess I can at least be reading about writing, right?

Back to work on "A Time To Every Purpose". Holding steady at around 2700 words, right now, but almost all completely new. I think I have a handle on this one, now. Hope to finish a solid draft tonight or tomorrow. I want to post it for crit on Forward Motion. Feeling real good about it right now.

Back to writing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home