Saturday, January 26, 2002

Don't you just love the screwballs that life beans you with sometimes?

I'm writing my letter of resignation right now -- the one I started two weeks ago. The reason I didn't finish it then was because I was rudely interrupted by life and wound up curled up into a ball in the corner of our bathroom consumed by a panic so intense that it took everything I had to call Wendy and ask her to come home and find me some help. But I'm feeling much better now. ;-)

The upshot is that I have to get out of this job RIGHT NOW!! Today. This minute. There's no tomorrow. Doctor's orders. Time for a(nother) career change. The down side is that things are going to get pretty tight financially. The up side is that, besides being able to remain sane, I will have a lot more time for writing.

C'est la vie, the French say. That's life. And here's one of the secrets of life that I learned after God got my attention with a 2x4 upside my head: It's only a job; I can get another one. Here's another one: Every single person on the face of the Earth deserves to be safe and well. Every one. Including you. Take care of you.

Got a lot to do; more later.

---



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home