Monday, April 22, 2002

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! Turn and face the strange."

Change. That's the theme in my life right now. I'm on my way to another job interview right now. It's just Wal-mart, but it's a job. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, this job won't pay much and will probably interfere with my Codependants' Anonymous meeting and my new exercise schedule (which I just started last night). On the other hand, it would be an income and a a Wal-mart discount, which would both be invaluable right now. It would take some pressure off, and I would be able to devote guilt-free time to writing.

On that subject, I have started serious revision on "A Time To Every Purpose" with an eye towards getting it submitted somewhere before the week is out. I also joined a vampire story crit circle over at Forward Motion for Writers. This will give me a kick in the butt toward finishing "Best Teacher" and "Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet" and a reason to make some serious progress on that fershlugginer novel that keeps bugging me so.

Current reading: Quest: a guide for creating your own Vision Quest by Deborah Linn. Fabulous and highly recommended for those who have any interest in the shamanic traditions. It is at the same time visionary, inspiring and practical. This one will have a permanent place in my heart and my collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home