Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Snoopy dancing all night long!

Nocturnal Ooze accepted Windows to the Soul for their September issue! My first paying gig! I sure won't be able to sleep tonight!

It's a real relief to finally get a positive response to something I wrote. Several years and quite a few hurt feelings lead me to this. It was worth the price. I now have validation that somebody besides me likes my writing.

Now I have to top it. I have a renewed determination to improve and improve and improve, each story or novel better than the last.

Speaking of novels, I finished (provisionally, anyway) the outline for [i]Washed in the Blood[/i]. 48 scenes in a Prologue, 12 Chapters, and an Epilogue. The monster that has taken over my life now has a main plot, 2 major subplots, and 2 minor subplots, one of which unobtrusively sets up the sequel. It's a lot more complicated than I thought I would be able to handle at this point in my development. It will do me a lot of good to stretch myself this way.

This has been a very rewarding experience. It really helped me to focus in on the characters and plot in a way that I have never been able to do before. I owe a huge THANK YOU to all the folks at Forward Motion for all the help and inspiration over the years, and especially to Holly Lisle for caring enough to "pay it forward".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home