Monday, September 06, 2004

Journal of a story:

I thought I would try an experiment (Yes, I was bored!). I got out my Rider-Waite Tarot cards and let them tell me about a story. This is what they showed me:

Protagonist--Nine of Cups
Antagonist--The Devil
A Third Character--Knight of Cups
Conflict--3 of Cups
Possible Resolution--Nine of Wands, Reversed

This leads to an intriguing story, to say the least, and a challenging one.

The protagonist is a successful, confortable, possibly smug, person.

The antagonist is a controlling person who uses any means necessary to gets his/her ends.

There is a third person involved who is a young man with light brown hair and hazel eyes. He is a dreamer.

The protagonist is faced with a conflict involving success and celevration.

The crisis ends in disaster and failure.

The abundance of Cups indicates that love is a major factor in this story. The Devil card, the only Major Arcanum in the group, and the reversed Nine of Wands indicates a very unhappy ending.

My first thought was to go with the easy way out: successful woman has an affair that winds up ruining her. I wrestled with that for a long time, trying to find a reasonably fresh angle, but another, darker thought kept creeping in.

This story has finally decided that it is going to involve homosexuality, S and M, fear. betrayal, and death. That should be fun.

Well, this demon demands to be let out. Off to the salt mines...

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Re: This story has finally decided that it is going to involve homosexuality, S and M, fear. betrayal, and death. That should be fun.

Well that'll be interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home