Thursday, November 11, 2004

Has the rest of the world gone insane, or is it just me?

Maybe I've finally slipped over the edge into Loopyland. I can't be sure.

What's wrong with this picture?

Harry Smith on CBS's The Early Show: "Yasser Arafat was a terrorist who won the Nobel Peace Prize..." What?

Motherly instin...uh, insanity.

I guess everybody knows by now that Aleta St. James, 56 going on stupid, gave birth to twins Tuesday. I have tried to hold my tongue about this. I have tried to be charitable and ascribe to her only the best and noblest motives, but I just can't hold this in anymore.

Having children is not a "right". It's a responsibility, and an awesome one. Children are not objects to put on your mantelpiece like awards. They are human beings, and you are responsible for their lives and well-being, both physical, mental, and emotional.

Ms. St. James says that she can handle this job. Let's do a little basic math. When they start school, she will be 62. When they hit puberty, she will be in her late 60's. When they graduate high school, she will be 75. Handle it? Most 20-somethings have trouble keeping up with one 3-year-old. How well will a 60-year-old be able to handle 2 at the same time? When her children need life advice, will she be able to identify with their problems and offer advice that will be relevant to the world as it is, rather as it was? Not to mention the fact that they will grow up without a father. None, not even a divorced one. None at all.

I consider this one of the most reprehensible and irresponsible acts of selfishness I have ever witnessed. God save these children.

The perils of kittens.

On a lighter note: Nothing can complicate your life quite like a 10-week-old kitten. Getting dressed is a real adventure now that her current favorite game is "Let's Pretend Daddy is a Tree and Climb On Him". Coupled with the fact that she suddenly is operating on the assumption that she has wings, this game is becoming a hazard to my health.

Veteran's Day. Rainy. Got the house to mysellf all day. 3 errands to run, and then no excuses. Got to get some major work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home