Monday, November 22, 2004

In search of acceptance (and maybe a little income)

Can't concentrate on writing today (bad night, dreams again), so I am devoting today to market research. I'm way behind on that anyway. I like to identify the "perfect" markets for my stories rather than sending them out randomly. It takes a lot of work, but it's a good strategy for increasintg my acceptance rate (I hope, I hope, I hope).

Domains'R'Us

Registered my domain (carternipper.com) over the weekend. Got a sweet deal from Las Vegas Communications Systems - $8.95 / year. Also popped for another $8.95 for private registration through Domains By Proxy. That will keep my private information out of WHOIS. Even better, FREEPGS will host the domain for FREE (except for a $3.00 one-time setup fee. 75 MB space, 2GB/month bandwidth, PHP, and MySQL. We'll see how that works out. It seemed like a good gamble to take for $20.00 ($21.15 including all taxes, etc.). Once the DNS records propagate, I'll find out. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home