Monday, November 01, 2004

shut up! Shut Up! SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Good God, I'll be glad when this election is over! A former History Professor at the local college once said (referring to the time when David Dukes was running for governor of Louisiana): "It's a choice between the evil of two lessers." I think that pretty well sums it up. What ever happened to the idea of having "None of the above" as a choice on the ballot?

If Florida made us the laughing-stock of the world in 2000, what is this debacle going to do? Whoever "wins" will pretty much end his political career, and pull the United States down with him. Florida's already so screwed that they may never get within 15% of a correct count. 15,000 absentee ballots missing? Jesus, these goomers couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map.

This just in: the cemetary vote becomes a player. A few years back, I was reading a Mike Royko column about the political situation in Chicago during the Bad Old Days. The reporters used to say that whoever carried the graveyards would win the election. Deja vu.

In somewhat better news, the new issue of Vision is up, including an article by yours truly. I'veonly gotten about halfway through the issue so far, but there's some great stuff there, as usual.

Back to the salt mines. I've been working on a couple of articles that have been hanging fire for a while now, and I have my eye on that novel. I hope to get back into that by the end of the week.

"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry. I'm wearing the inside out." -- Pink Floyd, Division Bell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home