Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Spent the day working on Web site content. It's so easy to make a decent Web site these days. Not like the Bad Old Days of hand-coding and workarounds. Lots of good pre-made stuff available now, which is good, since I am far from an HTML wizard. I should have something rough and ready by the time the DNS updates are made and the records replicate. Also got some neat PHP/MySQL toys to play with. After tonight, I'm off until next Monday, so I'll have time on my hands ...

Got to get some writing done, too. "Bare Trees" is hanging fire and needs to get finished, and WITB is stirring around in the background, too. Excuses are too easy to come by. Write, dammit, write!

Setting up my own domain is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, but it took a while to get up the courage. Most people don't think it's such a big deal, but to me, it means that I'm saying: "Here I am!" It's an acknowledgement of writing as a lifelong passion ( and/or addiction ) and a commitment to the future. There's no turning back, now. I'm out of the closet and out in front of the world. Scary.

I have to push myself, or I'll just vegetate and dream. I have to constantly tell myself: "Butt in chair, fingers on keyboard, words on screen".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home