Saturday, November 13, 2004

A time to rest.

It's been an emotionally draining week of work on WITB. I'm going to take what Holly calls a"busman's holiday" this weekend. I plan to whip my article into shape and (maybe) get it submitted. Then I'll take a look into my backfiles of partially completed and/or outlined short stories and find something there to distract me. Back to the "real" work Monday.

Busted!

Off the AP wire yesterday: Tampa prosecutor Lydia Dempsey Wardell was arrested for DUI Wednesday. She is known as a real hard-ass on DUI cases. Her blood alcohol was 0.23, which is nearly 3 time the legal leimit in Florida. She had her 3 children in the car with her.

It always warms my heart to see hypocrisy exposed. I will be the first to admit that I have driven while intoxicated before, but not since I became opposed to it. You cannot maintain any credibility in this world if you don't practice what you preach. It's called integrity, and there seems to be a lot of that lacking in our public figures these days.

Music to cry to.

k. d. laing Live By Request - God Almighty she can sing! Her rendition of Roy Orbison's "Cryin'" leaves me breathless and amazed. "Black Coffee" and "2 Cigarettes in an Ashtray" also hit me right in the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home