Thursday, December 30, 2004

Back to basics

Got a lot done on "TYSBAS" today. Don't have a word count, because I've been working the old-fashioned way. Pen on paper. It's been a long time since I wrote by hand, and I'm noticing a great difference. Using pen and paper, I can't write as fast. That forces me to slow down and think about what I'm doing. I have time to consider words and sentence structure, dialog, foreshadowing, all the stuff that often gets lost when I'm banging out words on the keyboard. The down side is that my hand hurts. Those muscles are way out of shape! I think I'll try this periodically just to keep from getting stale.

DUH!

It's The Interior Castle, you big Dummy! Mea culpa. I'll have to ask Saint Theresa to excuse my all-too-human blunder.

I have no idea where that Haunted Castle shtick came from. Sometimes I scare myself.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home