Thursday, January 27, 2005

Here we go again

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life." -- Dean Vernon Wormer

An appeals court judge in New York is letting the lawsuit against McDonald's go ahead. You know the one: 4 teenage girls are suing Mickey D's because they got fat eating Chicken McNuggets. I have trouble believing this shit. At what point do we stand up and say: "Look, you're a dumbass. You're fat because you eat too much of the wrong foods. It's your own responsibility to take care of your health. God knows, the information you need is readily available. Just because you're too lazy to pay attention is no reason to blame your problems on somebody else and expect the rest of us to pay your bills." God, I get so mad...

SQL Success!

Finally got my query to work, and the Subject Index to Vision is now live! Well, it still has stitches showing and bolts in its neck, but at least it's breathing and moving around. Sometimes, success is relative. Next is to move the book and Web site reviews into MySQL and get that index working on my site. I'll get to that Real Soon Now.

Move 'em out!

Went over my notes one last time on "A Time To Every Purpose". One final read-through and it will be ready to go. The first 5 markets on my list are (in no particular order): Abyss and Apex, Strange Horizons, The Harrow, Parageography, and Shining Waters Fantasy Literature. There are a lot more possibilities, but these are my current favorites. I'll spend a couple more days evaluating them and put them in priority order over the weekend. Maybe I can get the story out the door early next week.

Next on the agenda is a read-though/edit on "Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet". After an edit/polish, I can send it out for crit and get to work on "The Easy Way Out".

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Good luck! D:))

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something about the image created in my mind by the Vision subject index having a Frankenstein-like look that really appeals to me. Congrats on getting it working.

Jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home