Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Will this never end?

Spent the morning working on "A Time To Every Purpose". Completely rewrote the climactic scene to fix a breakdown in internal logic and to show more of the mechanics of the magic that's happening. Gained 100 words to 4200.

I thought that would be about the last I would have to do. Just a final polishing edit and send it out. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,...

After further review, I realize that I have at least one more scene to rewrite in the middle of the story to punch up the action. I also need to go through and make sure the suspense over Darien's final course of action is clear and builds through the story. Maybe I can get it out next week.

Also finished a 1300-word article for Vision on fundamental punctuation rules. Title: "Commas and Colons and Dashes, Oh My!". I'll polish it up tonight and first thing in the morning and send it in. A couple of other ideas are brewing: "When Imagery Attacks" on how imagery and description can get you into trouble, and an as-yet-untitled piece on subject-verb, pronoun-antecedent, participle-subject, etc. agreement. I've seen a lot of dangling participles lately, so it might be time for a brief review.

Still hanging fire is "Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet". Got the printout, got the red pen, have not yet had the time. Soon, though, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home