Thursday, February 03, 2005

"The Easy Way Out" dies a horrible death

Well, not really. It's just gotten all jumbled up in my mind. Everybody wants to tell their side of this thing, and I can't tell if it's a short story, a series of short stories, or a novel(ette). So, back into the Waiting Room with the rest of the invalids.

One of the things that has me avoiding real work on it is the whole suicide thing. I'm not sure I can really dig down that deep right now, and I sure don't want to blindside myself. It's not worth stressing over. I have plenty of other stories to work on.

Speaking of which, "In the Hands of an Angry God" called to me this morning and demanded to be read and evaluated. It's much better than I remembered. I sent it out to the crit group to see what they think. This is a manic run through a maniac's mind. It's short (700 words), but I think it gives a pretty look at raving insanity from the inside. It really worried when I first wrote it back in October of 2001. That was 4 months pre-breakdown. I was probably trying to tell myself something.


2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Writing from the inside has its hazards. Sometimes, once the words are down, I can't look at them. I have to put it away. That's when I know I've dug too deep. Later, when I've got my emotions in hand, I'm able to take another look. "Invalids"--perfect word for such writing experiences.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Holly said...

There are always other stories. Might be a sign now isn't the time to work on that one, FWIW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home