Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Upward

Made some progress on "Wolf Moon" this morning. Between editing and writing new words, I had a net gain of around 200 words. First 2 scenes are complete. This evening I'm working on evaluating the scenes in depth using the criteria of Character, Conflict, Crisis, and Conclusion. This way, I can make sure I don't have anything extraneous hanging around. I may not get much done on it tomorrow, but I have a 4-day weekend coming up with rain predicted for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll have a little free time from yard work.

"But I'm feeling much better now"

Back has settled into muscle aches with only the occasional twinge. It should be back to normal by Friday. Mood has also improved considerably. I didn't drop as low as I feared this time, which is extremely good. My Spring depressions are often really bad.

I'm creeping back to life
My nervous system all awry
I'm wearing the inside out
--Anthony Wright "Wearing the Inside Out"

I know I keep quoting this, but it just perfectly expresses the feeling of recovering from a relapse of depression. I do feel reborn, renewed. but still jangled. It's an odd feeling. But then, I'm odd in all sorts of ways. :)

Last Time on Schiavo (Maybe)

Isn't there anybody involved with this case that has the balls to admit what they are doing and try to show a little basic compassion? You're killing this woman! Let's call it what it really is: involuntary euthanasia. As Holly pointed out so succinctly, if she didn't write it down, she didn't say it. The only assumption we can make is that her husband wants her dead, and that's what he's going to get.

What bothers me more than anything and what makes me so fucking mad is the absoluyte lack of compassion or humanity. These animals are starving this woman to death, for God's sake! Isn't there anybody around there with enough balls to give her a shot of something that will kill her quickly and painlessly? What has she done to deserve treatment we wouldn't even consider for our pets? Fucking animals.

Stupidity coupled with blatant hypocrisy just burns me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home