Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Writing? What's that?

I haven't been able to get much writing done for a few days. A sudden confluence of left turns has left me shaken and confused in the middle of life's highway. The worst thing is that the dreams have gotten bad. Really bad. Really, really bad. So bad, I had to get my sleep medication refilled. Anyone who knows how desperately I hate taking sleep medication will know just how bad these dreams are. I'm just holding on right now. It will clear up. Soon, I hope.

I did manage to get "Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet" submitted to Blood Rose this morning. Vampire stories are a tough sell in pro markets. I may have to sell it for a token payment. I can understand why so few markets will take vampire stories. They have been done to death (so to speak :) ) in the past few years. Mostly very badly. That great mass of really bad horror fiction gets in my way when I have what I think is a really good and unique vampire story. Tarred with the same brush, as they say.

If you've ever hit a deer in your driveway...

...you might live in the country. I didn't actually hit it, but there were tail hairs in my headlight frame. Whew! A warning about deer: if one crosses in front of your car, stop! There's another one close behind. The one that almost got me was the 3rd in the series, which is unusual.

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jean said...

I came upon 5 of them grazing in my neighborhood last week while walking early in the morning. I gave them a chance to get across the street and into the woods before walking on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home