Monday, April 04, 2005

If Angels Burn

My local Books-a-Million had 3 copies on display (spine out). One stuck to my hand, and I could not get it loose. :-) My copy is marked "1 of 4", so someone got another one before I got there. And then there were 2.

What can I say about If Angels Burn? One thing I can say is that it's damn hard to get anything productive done while absorbed in a world of dark erotica and compellingly real characters. The other thing I will say is that this novel requires a mature mind. Anyone who is spooked or offended by sex, violence, or language should stay away. Everyone else should definitely read this book. It is a hauntingly beautiful story about love, life, and what it means to be human. Holly's blurb says it is "erotic, darker than sin, and better than good chocolate". She hit that one dead center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home