Tuesday, April 05, 2005

One Day at a Time

Bad dreams.
Little sleep.
Fried brain.
Bad attitude.

I did manage to squeeze 229 words out on "Metaphorically Speaking". Actually more since about half of it was a rewrite of the first paragraph. That will have to do. The rest of the morning I spent sitting in the glider listening to birdsong backed by the steady drone of honeybees. Days like this are the very reason I busted my butt getting that spot ready. I think it's going to be a real sanity saver. At least on sunny days. Speaking of which, this is probably my payback for bragging about the weather yesterday. "Pride goeth before a fall, and a haughty spirit before destruction."

Days like this really give me problems. I guess I'm still beating myself up for not being perfect. Maybe I'll start a 12 Step program.

"Hi, my name is Carter. I'm a human being."

"Hi, Carter!"

"Thanks. It all started the day I was born, and it's been a steady slide ever since. Just a constant barrage of screw-ups, bad judgement, and stupidity. It seems like the harder I try to be perfect in all ways, the more I mess up.

"I've been on this ride for 48 years now, and I think I'm ready to admit I have a problem. With your help and understanding, I am going to try to realize that I am not perfect and never will be. I want to learn that mistakes are OK, and that bad things happen, often for no apparent reason. Thank you."

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Hi there - thanks for the link to my blog. I just stumbled upon yours. I'll be happy to add a link back to yours from mine. :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Hi, my name is Jean. I'm a human being.

(How can this be, she wonders...When did this happen? Who authorized this?)

Hang in there, Carter. You're more "perfect" than you realize. Take it on faith.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

When one's awareness is that sharp, one is ahead of the game. d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home