Monday, April 04, 2005

What a Day!

There are some days that make all the struggle worthwhile.

April in the South. The temperature is in the 70's. The clear sky is a deep blue so beautiful it makes my teeth hurt. Azaleas, dogwoods, and wisteria fill the eye with color and the air with perfume. The cat stretches out on her back on the driveway, soaking up the sun. It is impossible to stay indoors.

It's awful hard to remember days like this in the dark times, but what a lightness of heart when I'm living them. This is what glory feels like.

I got my pepper plants set out. 1 cayenne, 3 jalapeno (food of the gods, good for what ails you), 6 bells.

Minimal production on the writing front. Not quite 500 words on "Earth, Air, Fire, Water". Though it's fascinating to see how other writers work, I find myself enthralled and amazed as I discover my own processes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home