Monday, April 18, 2005

What were they looking for?

Today's strange search terms which found this blog: "mother bound and gagged" at Yahoo.

Yikes!

Good Day for Thinking

And not much else. Anxiety med adjustment in progress. My whole world is kind of blurry right now. Should be better in a few days.

Anyway, I've had a couple of ideas I think may be pretty good. There are a couple of articles I can write about Web sites that search engines don't index and some advanced searching techniques. Also on the list is a potential article about online resources available through the local public or academic libraries that many people may not be aware of.

I also am considering starting up a "Stump the Librarian" type site. The difficulat questions I can answer immediately; impossible ones may take a few days. :-) This seed is still germinating. I haven't decided whether to do a blog or a page on my Web site. More thought needed.

On a whim, I went over to Llewellyn's Web Tarot and got a free Celtic Cross reading. I asked whether I need to be doing something different in my life. Here are the results:

Cover card - querent in relation to the present situation: Queen of Pentacles - auspicious time for making plans; long, hard work yields results.

Crossing card - Forces aiding or hindering querent: 9 of Wands - Pause, rest; careful planning needed; success in sight with more effort needed.

Beneath card - querent's aspirations: 4 of Swords - Rest and recovery; low energy; pause before events move onward.

Crowning card - Past influences: The Sun - Positive happenings; good news coming.

Behind card - Subconscious influences, dreams, emotional undercurrents: High Priestess - Hidden influences at work; future not yet known; good time to develop psychic abilities and intuition; make new goals or refine old ones.

Before card - querent's relations with others: Queen of Wands - Success in a goal, feminine influence offers help; reap rewards from labors.

Self card - querent's psychological state and attitudes: 2 of Cups - Love or friendship now possible; commitment necessary.

House card - environment and unseen forces: High Priest - Abide by the rules or suffer the consequences; read contracts carefully, especially the fine print; spiritual teacher revealed; dreams make you face up to your responsibilities.

Hopes card - querent's hopes and fears: 7 of Wands - Difficult times to come; competition brings difficulty and harsh feelings; take a stand on an important issue.

Outcome card - coutcome of the matter: Judgement - Person or event from the past has influence for good or bad; karma must be handled; possible change of home or job; new line of spiritual or magical study; a possible unpleasant but necessary decision.

Wow. Sometimes the Tarot scares me. There is a lot in this reading that hits me where I live. Moral: don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Demented M said...

oooo freaky. I did one too! I'll post it on my blog tomorrow.

I usually do my own (amateur) readings and they've never been wrong. I don't know how accurate the computer ones are, but it seemed pretty spot on for me.

M

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger mrsmogul said...

Hey! I will read that link. Thanks for coming by, I will read yours tonight when I get some time to relax. I KNOW YOU WILL LIKE MY WED POST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home