Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Got Silk?

Corn is tasseling! Good eatin' on the way. I can also see 8 small tomatoes, about the size of my thumb, and about a dozen tiny jalapenos so far. Everything's still blooming, and the pole beans are making a run for the border. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were cousins of kudzu. Broccoli's done. I need to cut them for the compost pile and get something else growing. Right now, I'm thinking a second crop of lima beans. Can't hardly wait for the tomatoes and peppers. Fresh salsa is one of the great joys in life.

6 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Fresh salsa a joy of life? Hmmmm. You better bring some over here so I can see for myself. ;-)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Carter said...

Fresh-off-the-vine tomatoes and peppers, onions, garlic, fresh-picked cilantro. Ambrosia!

I'll mix some up while the corn's grilling, and you can die happy. :-)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Heather Lynne said...

Wow! Fresh, really fresh, vegetables. Heaven. Can I come to heaven?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I *love* fresh salsa. I'll bring the margaritas! haha

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

I'm anxiously awaiting my own veggies, hoping the rabbits, raccoons, birds, squirrels and bugs don't eat more than 50%. Not that I mind sharing, but do they have to take a bite out of EVERYTHING?

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Carter said...

Heather, come on over. Sounds like we have a party starting up.

Mik, I never really liked messing up good tequila that way. A bottle of Cuervo Gold and some lemons would do me up just fine.

Kristina, I think the usual formula is "one for the birds, one for the deer, one for the squirrels, and one for me". Or something like that. Good luck keeping the critters at bay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home