Monday, May 09, 2005

Miscellanea

* Got a response to one of my queries on overdue stories. C/Oasis had e-mail problems and "Where the Heart Is" went bye-bye. I resubmitted. Still waiting to hear from Pif Magazine.

* Cut 2 head of broccoli from the garden over the weekend. Yay! Fresh-from-the-garden is way better than plastic-from-supermarket. Corn is knee-high. Tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, okra, and beans coming along nicely.

* Puppy is doing very well. She weighs 38 pounds and had her first bath. She was not amused. She's fitting in nicely. The other two have accepted her, except that Stubby doesn't like her to be in the bedroom at night. He's jealous and a little grumpy.

* Spent Saturday afternoon at my great-niece's fourth birthday party. Yikes! The only excitement was a broken arm (a fall from the monkey bars). Other than that, just a calm, normal spring day surrounded by masses of screaming four-year-olds.

* Mother's Day gets harder every year. It will take a day or two to fully recover.

Lots of private stuff to write about.

Later.

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Tara said...

You make me thankful for the snore machine since that's the only noisy thing I have in my life at this time. :)

Hi, Carter. Can't wait to hear more later.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Tisha from Texas said...

Thanks for the link! I adopted another Mastiff today, this one half Mastiff and half lab, so she should hit around 100-130 before two years. I won't be using the bathtub after the summer is over, do you think?
Good luck with the stories - I hate waiting for responses! Have you tried the Everyone whose anyone site? Gerard Jones has SCADS of agents on that site.
Good luck and I'll be back!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Carter said...

Half Mastiff and Half Lab? My wife would walk to Texas for one of those! She loves Mastiffs, but I've been able to fend her off so far. Looks like we're both in for a fun summer of full-contact dog-washing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home