Tuesday, June 28, 2005

In Other News

Finished "Worse Than Death" first draft. Then I went back and cut out a lot of the middle and whacked about 500 words off the end. It's now around 2700 words. I think that made it a hell of a lot better story. I'll pick it up again in a couple of days and see if it makes any sense then.

Ordered gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson this afternoon. If it's even half as much fun as her blog, it'll be a great read. I'll report back when I'm done.

My Web site is the current "Sticky Site of the Moment" at InternetBumperStickers.com. Woo-hoo! They're the ones who supplied the snazzy quotes at the bottom of the page. Lots of interesting thoughts there.

I'm taking the rest of the week off from work. 6-day weekend! Yow! Registration is Tuesday, and classes start Wednesday. Back to the night shift. I hope to get some serious writing done over the next 3 days while I have the house to myself.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Tisha from Texas said...

I am so proud of you and disappointed in me. I can't seem to stick with my novel writing but the blog is so easy, so fluid. I MUST BUCKLE DOWN!!!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Carter said...

Thanks Tisha! Don't get down on yourself. We all work at our own paces. You'll get it done!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Hey congrats on your "Sticky Site of the moment" and your novel completion!

I posted your questions on my blog, by the way. ;)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Carter said...

Thanks, Mik!

It's just a short story, but it's the finishing that's important. I don't do enough of that. The novel still languishes in a twilight world, pining for my attention. Soon, baby, soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home