Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It Is Finished

"Best Teacher" has gone to its final reward. Time of death 11:14.

It wound up at 4925 words. I submitted it to the Bitten Vampire Short Fiction Contest. They will post the top 5 entries on their site from August 15 through August 31 for voting. You will go vote for me, won't you? Don't make me have to remind you by poking you in the ribs with a sharp stick.

That's pretty arrogant, don't you think? I have no idea what caliber of competition I'm up against here, since this is their first contest. So now I have to sit on sharp nails and fidget for a month. I guess I'd better find some other trouble to get into in the meantime.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger josh said...

yep, nothing like waiting months for contest results. i still haven't heard from the eberron people, and i submitted that last august. i only know i lost because they said they have their author, so it clearly isn't me.

btw, the cover for "Threads of Malice" can be found here: http://www.tamarasilerjones.com/threads.html if you want to update the link.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Carter said...

I have one submission to a magazine that will be 11 months old tomorrow. It's time to withdraw that one and submit it someplace else.

Thanks for the tip on the cover art.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Vernieda said...

Josh - Oh no! I received my rejection letter from the Eberron folks several months ago. Sometimes I really hate the Mailing Gods.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Well if you're gonna hold a gun to my head, I guess I better go vote for ya. ;) GOOD LUCK! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I posted your "Tag" questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home