Thursday, July 28, 2005

It Was Fun While It Lasted

I've been riding the crest of a big wave tha last couple of months, but it's starting to break now. Time to pull in my wings and concentrate on not losing too much ground. It's been around 9 months since I had a really major downturn, and I hope to extend that streak even further. Blogging will be a little sporadic for a while, though I will still drop in and leave my usual snide comments on other people's blogs.

I'm expecting some good news soon, so I'm using that as my safety net right now. I have also just about convinced myself that "doing it right" is not an issue as far as the novel is concerned. Anything that gets words down is what is right. I am planning on cutting back on that, too. If I can just get the main plot written, I'll have something I can expand and enrich later. I just need to get something finished on that front.

See ya when.

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Good luck, Carter. Going to miss you. See you when...d:)

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger PiroEyes said...

Hiya. Internet addict here. I understand what it feels like, to need a step back, sometimes. Gotta do what your gut tells you, it's how art survives.

You'll be missed, Carter. Hope you come back with good news. Best of luck. ^.^b

And about the novel, every bit of progress matters. Every bit is in fact, huge. Sometimes we forget that staring at the ceiling and pondering is work too. Enjoy this novel quest. Cheers!!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Don't be a stranger and good luck with everything! :)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Carter said...

Thanks, y'all! I'll be around, just in lurk mode for a while.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Carter,

I hope we won't have to wait too long, but you'll be in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home