Monday, August 15, 2005

Another Blow to the Ol' Ego

"Best Teacher" didn't make the cut at the Bitten Vampire Short Fiction Contest. I haven't had a chance to read the finalists yet, so I don't know right now if I ought to be pissed off or not. ;-) We'll see.

I'm not sure yet on the next market for this one. Research ongoing.

In other news, I finished Talyn last night. Wow! Review forthcoming. It might take a day or two to sort through everything I want to say about this one. Preliminary reaction: Congratulations, Holly! Damn good! Now I can't wait for Hawkspar.

ADDENDUM (4:30pm)

Kick a man while he's down, why don'tcha!

Son and Foe rejected "Carrion Comfort" today, too. Anybody else want to take a shot? I think there's one spot on the bottom of my foot that's not bruised.

Ah, editors. Can't satify 'em, can't horsewhip 'em. :-)

And so it goes (sorry, Kurt). The glamorous world of the writer. Off to feed another chunk of my soul to the Devil in exchange for a few more words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home