Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Finis!

"Sea Change" first draft is complete at 4222 words. After I let it cool for a day or two, I'll go back and add some foreshadowing of the unexpected events that cropped up along the way and a tad of necessary backstory. After editing for long-windedness and passive voice (both longstanding bugaboos of mine), I expect to see it somewhere around 4500 words.

Now the question is what to work on next: somewthing out of my personal slush pile or something new? I do have some novel notes I need to commit to paper and an idea on how to rewrite the first chapter to give it a good hook, especially the all-important first scene. I shall think about it tomorrow, for, after all, tomorrow is another day.

Latest Blog Changes

There's a new item in the sidebar just under the hit counter. It's a cool Javascript from OnceWritten that generates some extremely odd and hilarious writing prompts. I like just reading them and refreshing the screen. I've been LMAO since I came across this one. Enjoy.

I also added Blogger's new anti-spam feature to the comments. It's a pain in the ass, I know. It is for me, too, but it's worth it to block the crap. It only takes a couple of morons to ruin things for everybody.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Melly said...

Congrats. Good stuff. Are we going to get another snip?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Alright, Carter! Good going. D:)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Carter said...

Thanks Melly! I may post a little snip later, after I've edited it.

Thanks Debra! It always feels good to finish something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home