Monday, November 21, 2005

Rain, Rain, Stay All Day

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain
Telling me just what a fool I've been
I wish that it would go and let me cry in vain
And let me be alone again

Rhythm of the Rain -- The Cascades (1963)

Rain! Finally! It's been about 6 weeks since the last rainfall that amounted to anything. Just a steady drizzle since about 7 last night. Glorious! We should get an inch or more before it passes over.

Grey, cool days are nice. I feel in tune with my environment, since that's what I feel like inside most of the time. On days like this, I feel comfortable, almost serene. If I didn't have to go to work this afternoon, I'd have a fire in the fireplace and at least one dog and one cat in the recliner with me. Oh well, completely perfect days are rare indeed. This is close enough for me.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

I like rainy days, too. Then I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I stay inside all day and write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home