Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lucky Sevens

This one's going around. I thought I'd give it a shot.

Seven things to do before I die (in no particular order)
1. Get a novel published
2. Finish remodeling the house (hysterical laughter here)
3. Travel to Scotland and Ireland
4. Find spiritual and emotional serenity
5. Lose 25 pounds and KEEP IT OFF! Forever!
6. Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary (26 and counting)
7. Retire

Seven things I cannot do
1. Play guitar (but, Lord, how I love to try!)
2. Play baseball (can't see the ball. Ouch!)
3. Repair a car (or anything gasoline-powered)
4. Work for a dumbass (been there, done that, never again)
5. Quit thinking up compelling story ideas in the middle of the night
6. Keep my desk clean
7. Suffer fools gladly

Seven things that attract me to my significant other
1. Her sense of humor
2. Her intelligence
3. The fact that she loves me (why, I don't know. Some questions should never be asked.)
4. Her love of animals
5. Her slightly off-beat sense of fashion
6. The way she hugs
7. The way she...well...None of your business! ;-)

Seven things I say most often:
1. I love you. (to my wife, of course)
2. Kill 'em all! Let God sort 'em out.
3. Moron! (mostly while driving)
4. Go for it!
5. She's (he's) a good girl (boy)! (to the dogs, of course. What did you think?)
6. Whatever.
7. Big dummy! (referring to myself)

Seven books or series that I love
1. Lord of the Rings
2. The Giant's Star series by James P. Hogan
3. HMS Ulysses by Alistair MacLean
4. Shakespeare's Tragedies
5. I Sing the Body Electric! by Ray Bradbury
6. Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg
7. Your Heart's Desire by Sonia Choquette

Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. Casablanca (only in black and white)
2. The Lion in Winter (Katharine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole)
3. The Phantom of the Opera ( 1925 silent with Lon Cheney, Sr.)
4. Young Frankenstein
5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
6. Steel Magnolias
7. On Golden Pond

Seven people to tag
Whomever feels like it. Pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home