Thursday, December 15, 2005

Raise the Stakes

I was working on the synopsis of Washed in the Blood this morning. I guess it says a lot about me that I truly enjoy putting John through Hell. I kept asking myself "What's the worst thing that could happen?". Some good ideas come out of that.

What does John have at stake? His soul. Is that high enough stakes for you? It can't be his life, because he's already dead, so what else is there? It's all he has left. So far, he's a vampire with no clue how to survive. He's just discovered that he has to have fresh human blood from a living body to survive. About 2 liters every 72 hours. No blood banks or animal substitutes heres, John. No easy way out for you. You're a monster, you have to learn how to cope with that. He's also a double murderer, and one of his victims was his own wife, whom he loved with all his heart. His daughter and granddaughter, along with his friends, neighbors, and everybody else, think he's a murderous, mutilating psychopath. Oh, and while he's juggling all this, he has to track down and destroy a vampire that is at leat 4000 years more experienced than he is, as well as being a ruthless sociopath. Hmmmm. I might need to add a little tension into this.

I'm halfway through: 550 words out of 1000. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I just need to keep the old saying in mind: "It can always get worse". Heh.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jean said...

You are making it tough for him. Most people fall back on the blood bank angle.

And of course, don't "stakes" bother vampires just a bit more than others? Of is that an old wive's tale?

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Ronn said...

I'm a big fan of making the vamps monsters. Sure they can be sexy and cool, but in the end they need half the blood in your body to survive the day and getting it ain't pretty.

I like what you're doing. Keep at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home