Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Osama bin WashingMachine

My washer has resorted to terrorism. I think it may also be hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction. This means war! It's already been a most joyful week working on the fu...ummmm...doggone thing. Looks like a long weekend ahead.

I don't mind fixing the dryer when it breaks. There's so little that can go wrong with a dryer. It's just a motor, a belt, and a heater. Easy to move, since it's mostly empty space. Usually replacing a thermostat or a switch gets it going again. 15-20 bucks max.

Washing machines, though. Bleh. Motor, transmission, inner tub, outer tub, pump, hoses, switches, AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! There's nothing easy about it. Everything is heavy, and I have to crawl around on the floor to get to anything. I wind up with headaches, backaches, and a very bad attitude. The only upside is that I would be in an even worse mood if we had to pay a repairman, or, God forbid!, replace it.

To call our budget "strained" is a truly masterful understatement. Ah, the joys of living as a writer/Librarian. Good thing I'm not bound up with pursuing worldy wealth, huh? Enough to live on would be welcome, though. If living like this builds character, then I certainly have an excess built up. Maybe I can sell some of it on eBay.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Heather Lynne said...

I feel the love, Carter. I think doing the laundry would be more fun. ;)

P.S. My last post was not due to excess free time, but deleting a bunch of bookmarks the gf and I had collected.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Gabriele C. said...

Hehe, you don't know my dryer. The little fucker had to have the electronic replaced - 250 bucks.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Joy said...

"Ah, the joys of living as a writer/Librarian."

Tell me about it. *grumbles* And I don't even qualify technically as an official Librarian. Just support staff. Money is *not* good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home