Monday, February 13, 2006

Quick Update

As best I can figure it, I'm suffering a delayed reaction to my mother's death. I've never been very good at grief; I've always been successful at suppressing it. This is too much, though, and it's overwhelming me. I'm getting counseling, but I may be a few days getting back out into the world.

In the meantime, here's a link to a literary agency that I stumbled on over the weekend. If you need a good laugh, check out their "Markets" page where they brag about some of their "sales". You'll see 3 books by Larry Parr listed there with lnks to Amazon.com. Look him up and check out the publisher on those books. Then, answer the following questions:

  1. Why do you need an agent to sell to this publisher?
  2. Who pays the agent in this case?
  3. 15% of what?
  4. Who in the Hell would be stupid enough to sign with these turds?

Cya later.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Jean said...

I'm glad you're getting counseling. I always trickle grief, so I understand. Hugs.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mary Louisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mother, Carter. And sorry that you're having such a tough time. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tisha from Texas said...

Oh, Carter, I am so very sorry. It's good to recognize your grief, and the need to express and deal with it. We are here for you.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Melly said...

Carter, sorry to hear you're feeling down. But even now you're sensible enough to recognize it and deal with it, which it more than most people do.
Hugs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home