Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fruit Basket Turnover

My life is officially in a state of higgledy-piggledy. At present, I am in the midst of:
  • the last week of Winter Quarter. Which means I have a Library full of semi-hysterical students frantically trying to finish the assignments they have been ignoring for the past 9 weeks.
  • applying for a new position at the College. Which will mean better pay and benefits, but also a longer commute and a much different schedule.
  • scheduling appointments with the dermatologist to see about a suspicious mole and with the hospital to do a sleep study to see if I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I'm overweight, I snore, and I don't get restful sleep. My money's on "Yes". 100 to 1 the mole is nothing, but it still scares the Hell out of me.
  • 30 days until Dooms--, I mean Tax Day. I just can't get motivated to get this crap finished and mailed. I wonder why?
  • A highly secret project that I'm excited about, having a lot of fun with, and hope will make me a little pocket money. We'll see in a month or two.
  • Spring! Which means getting the garden planted and gearing up for the annual War of the Vines, in which Your Hero does battle with ravening hordes from the tribes of Wisteria, Honeysuckle, Greenbriar, and Wild Blackberry. Which also means that my neighbors will be lighting the woods on fire at any time now, since they're too damn sorry to rent a Bush Hog to clear their land.

And so it goes. Expect me when you see me.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Jean said...

I hope the mole is nothing--smart idea to get it checked and make sure. I hope the sleep apnea works out ok, too.

Ah, the end of the grading period. What a joy! Good luck getting the new position AND with the secret project.

Yard work. The stress reliever of choice for the over-30 crowd! Lighting the woods on fire--scary. Hubby marked sixty-some trees at the ranch this week that we need cleared to make a path for the power lines. We're going to let our neighbor cut them for firewood. It should be a win-win situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home