Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Well, It's Cryin' Time Again..."

The pollen is upon us. So far, just a light dusting, but by the end of the week, we'll be engulfed in yellow clouds and sneezing out things that cannot even be described. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this stuff piles into half-inch drifts. It covers everything. We ain't talking hay fever, here, folks. This is pine pollen pandemic. Sinus cement. Allergy overload.

Ah, Spring! When huddled masses yearn to breathe free, when even the birds sneeze and snort and wonder why in the Hell they live here, anyway. Rain, rain come my way. Don't stay gone another day.

5 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Not to mention we're 5 inches under the average in rainfall for the year and we REALLY REALLY need it. *looks at the poor lake*

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Heather Lynne said...

I use those Breath Right strips. They work wonders. Wonders, I tell ya.

Not to mention they keep my gf from kicking my ever living ass because I don't snore anymore either. ;)

P.S. Just popping in during my RL hiatus.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger HawkOwl said...

Great googly-moogly! I still have knee-high snow in my backyard. We're at the thaw-and-freeze stage where all the molds get released from the snow, though, so allergies here too. Pollens aren't for another couple of months.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Melly said...

Luckily, I've never suffered from that, but I am familiar with the symptoms. Hope it won't be that bad this spring :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Carter said...

That's becoming a trend, Joy. Spring and summer are bad enough around here when we DO have a little rain for relief.

Glad to hear from you, Heather. Hope the job is working out well. I have used Breathe Right strips, but they just don't help me much. Oh well. Hope RL lets you up soon.

Hey, HawkOwl. Sometimes I dream about snow. Temperature got up around 80F today. It'll be in triple digits come Summer. If you can bottle that cold, you can make a fortune down here in a couple of months.

Count your blessings, Melly! Mine gets worse as I age. One of the benefits of living to see middle age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home