Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Going Under the Knife

My polysomnography (that's "sleep study" to them's that don't know) was negative. As in I do have apnea, but it is so mild that CPAP treatment is not appropriate. Insurance won't pay for it untl it's a lot worse, either. So.

On Friday, April 14, I will have a septoplasty and turbinate reduction done. Those are fance names for some very minor out-patient surgery with a very, very small chance of complications. I'll just miserable over that weekend. If it helps me breathe better, let's go.

That's about the extent of the excitement in my life right now. I'll try to come up with something cogent and compelling in the next day or two. I may even throw in a quotation or two. Melly.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Melly said...

Carter, I'll probably be here again before April 14th, but just in case, I hope the minor out-patient surgery will go smoothly and with as little pain as possible, as well as a quick recovery.

Waiting for the quote :)

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Hope the surgery goes well. I know I'll stop back by before then, but my brain forgets more things than I can count these days, so I just want you to know I wish you well now--before I forget to say it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home